Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Overenthusiasm for Dragons Scares People

For those of you who have not yet seen How To Train Your Dragon 2, I highly recommend it. I went with my family a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it! Here's my favorite song from the soundtrack. It never fails to cheer me up.
It's called 'Where No One Goes' by Jonsi.

Anyway, back to my main point.
My friend and I stopped at a local McDonalds to pick up some food to aid in the process of ombre'ing my hair that we were about to undertake.
As per usual, I planned to order the mighty kids meal with the 6 piece nuggets. It is a delight. My strength in weakness. My weight gain in college.

Upon arrival at the drive through ordering speaker, I stumbled on two delights. FIRSTLY, kids meals now come with a go-gurt option. DAY MADE!
Secondly, guess what toys had just come in?
You guessed it!
HTTYD 2.

I'm sure everyone in the back room at McDonald's went temporarily deaf as I shouted "THEY HAVE DRAGON TOYS?!?!!?" With unbridled incredulous glee.
Unfortunately I also interrupted the speaker lady's welcomes. I think she was momentarily stunned  by the force of my outburst.

I abashedly ordered my meal, only to perk up again when she asked me what gender of toy I wanted. (B.S. Dragons are definitely a joy for any gender.)
"I DON'T EVEN CARE AS LONG AS I HAVE A DRAGON TOY." I replied
(I'm 20 years old. It's fine. Dragons are cool.)
At this point this poor girl was probably so done with me.
She told me my total and sent me on my way.
The dude who handed me my meal was cracking up. He knew. But I had my meal and I was unstoppable.

Of course I ferociously devoured my meal in the car, leading to an incredibly attractive strawberry go-gurt mustache that would make most grown men jealous.

Eagerly, I tore open the package of my toy, fully expecting a small dragon figurine or some cool little book or something.

THIS.
WHAT. IS. THIS.
Literally the stupidest thing I have ever held in my hands.
Is it a frisbee?
It is a boomerang?
Is it a massive failure that destroyed the momentary childhood that glimmered in my eyes?

The days of good McDonald's toys have ended

Also, the new happy meal box is terrifying.

Yeah, see you in my nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment