Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Propagation Station

I've realized lately how much I actually love plants. I've started living in a sort of jungle room now, which is just how I like it! While I've been researching the plants I already own, I saw how easily a lot of these babies could be propagated so... I set up an official cute little propagation station in my room complete with Star Wars action figures to act as guards, as is only right. I am just so amazed by the fact that you can just stick a lot of different types of plant cuttings in soil/water and they will just start sprouting new roots. I love the fact that they just want to be so alive that they will put new roots out! I don't know. It's really amazing to me.

Here it is! I'm hoping to see some new growth on a couple of the ones I planted in water within the next couple of weeks. Wish me luck!

So far the plants I am working on are (from left to right:)

Zamioculas Zamifolia (ZZ plant, should take up to a year to see new growth)
Dracaena Braunii (Also known as the lucky bamboo plants. Should take a few months)
Pachira Aquatica (the money tree- unknown time frame)
Monstera Deliciosa (split leaf philodendron- already rooting!)
And... some sort of succulent. Still trying to figure out which one specifically. 

Edit: I just saw a little note on the identification tag of one of the plants I just recently procured that says "no propagation without permission" which kind of cracks me up. You could literally get in trouble for being a huge plant nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment